Author:: Susie Coleman
Serves: 3 dozen
The most delicate of coconut macaroons. Easy-easy-easy to make. It's the most delicious coconut cookie I've ever eaten. Makes 3 dozen 2" cookies. They melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Mix flour, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Blend in butter with fingertips or a pastry cutter until a soft dough forms.
- Round dough in center of bowl, cover lightly and chill in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator. Shape into 1" balls; dampen hands slightly before shaping to make outside of each dough ball a little sticky.
- Roll each dough ball in coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper 2" apart. They will spread out as they cook.
- Bake at 300 for 25 minutes or until the coconut is nicely browned.
- Place on a cooling rack; they cool very quickly. Stored in a sealed plastic container, these cookies will keep for 2-3 days; do not store in refrigerator.
These cookies are ultra-delicate if undercooked, so bake them 'til they're well browned around the edges. Take extra care in storing; use wax paper between layers of cookies. Stored in a sealed plastic container, these cookies will keep for 2-3 days; do not store in refrigerator.