Author:: Susie Coleman
Recipe type:: Christmas Cookie
Serves: 3 dozen
The most delicate of coconut macaroons. Easy-easy-easy to make. It’s the most delicious coconut cookie I’ve ever eaten. Makes 3 dozen 2″ cookies. They melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Mix flour, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Blend in butter with fingertips or a pastry cutter until a soft dough forms.
- Round dough in center of bowl, cover lightly and chill in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator. Shape into 1″ balls; dampen hands slightly before shaping to make outside of each dough ball a little sticky.
- Roll each dough ball in coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper 2″ apart. They will spread out as they cook.
- Bake at 300 for 25 minutes or until the coconut is nicely browned.
- Place on a cooling rack; they cool very quickly. Stored in a sealed plastic container, these cookies will keep for 2-3 days; do not store in refrigerator.
These cookies are ultra-delicate if undercooked, so bake them ’til they’re well browned around the edges. Take extra care in storing; use wax paper between layers of cookies. Stored in a sealed plastic container, these cookies will keep for 2-3 days; do not store in refrigerator.
- Inspiring Thoughts for the Artistic Mind
- Seattle: The Quirky City
- Editing the Artist
- Movies Without Endings
- Squared Away: Sara Estes
- One Man’s Treasure
- Thanksgiving at Aunt Doreen’s
- Structured and Framed
- American Board
- Book Reviews Made Easy
- The Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- Summer Celebration In The British Isles
- How I Outwitted My Dishwasher
- Meet our 2012 Readers Poll winners
- Halloween and Candy Corn Hair
- Randy’s Record Shop
- The Alhambra
- Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman
- The Fabulous Folk Art of Mary Paulsen
- Sam Dunson: The Burden of Power
- Roy Harper
- Sonnet No. 1
- April 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (8)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (7)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (9)
- December 2011 (7)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (2)